ATHLE - QUIZ
EVENTS : HAMMER THROW
1. Compared to the shot, how much does a hammer for men weigh ?
less as much more
2. At what date was the hammer throw for women introduced in great championships ?
1996 1998 1999
3. Who is the current world record holder among women ?
Dawn Ellerbe Olga Kuzenkova Mihaela Melinte
4. How far is the current men world record ?
84m58 85m20 86m74
5. Which American beat 6 times the world record between 1956 and 1965, before the European athletes trust this event ?
Harold Connolly Lance Deal Patrick Ryan
6. How much does a heavy hammer thrown indoor by men weigh ?
7,257 kg 10 kg 15,880 kg 27,333 kg
7. Which German thrower beat in 1975 3 times the world record in the same series, all 6 throws being longer than the previous world record ?
Walter Schmidt Reinhard Theimer Roland Steuk Karl-Heinz Riehm
8. Who was world champion in 1999 in Sevilla ?
Tibor Gecsek Balazs Kiss Karsten Kobs Heinz Weis
9. Who was the first athlete to throw further than 80 meters ?
Boris Zaychuk Jüri TammWalter Schmidt Sergey Litvinenko
10. In which French town does each year take place a great meeting exclusively dedicated to hammer throw ?
Caen Clermont-Ferrand Toulouse Saint-Etienne
SOLUTIONS --------------- HOME