ATHLE - QUIZ
PAYS/REGIONS : Belgium
1. In which city is organized the biggest Belgian meeting, part of the "Golden League" ?
Brussel Antwerp Liège
2. Which Belgian middle distance runner won 2 silver medals at the 1976 Olympic Games ?
Gaston Roelants Emil Puttemans Ivo Van Damme
3. Which Belgian runner of moroccan origin became cross-country world champion in 2000 ?
Mustapha Essaid Mohammed Mourhit Khalid Skah
4. Which Belgian city hosted the Indoor European Championships in 2000 ?
Brussel Gent Brugge
5. Which Belgian sprinter was finalist of 200 m at the 1996 Olympic Games, and then at the 1997 World Championships ?
Ronald Desruelles Erik Wijmeersch Patrick Stevens
6. Which Belgian marathonian won the Berlin marathon in 1995 ?
Katja Merlin Anja Smolders Marleen Renders Marleen Van Bael
7. On what distance did Gaston Roelants hold the world record from 1963 to 1968 ?
3000 meters steeple 5000 meters 10 000 meters 20 kilometers
8. When were the Belgian Championships organized for the first time ?
1889 1905 1919 1927
9. In what event was a world record beaten 2 years in a row at the Memorial Van Damme ?
800 meters 5000 meters 10 000 meters 3000 meters steeple
10. At what address is the Belgian Athletics Federation located ?
Marathon Avenue Olympic Boulevard Place of King Baudouin Labrador Street
SOLUTIONS --------------- HOME