ATHLE - QUIZ
COMPETITIONS : INDOOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. What is the only relay run contested in World Indoor Championships ?
4 x 100 m 4 x 200 m 4 x 400 m
2. When did they take place in Paris ?
1995 1997 1998
3. In what month are these indoor championships traditionally held ?
January February March
4. How was called the first competition pre-figurating these Championships in 1985 at Paris ?
International Championships Big Indoor World Indoor Games
5. Which French athlete was crowned world champion in Maebashi ?
Stéphane Diagana Jean Galfione Christian Plaziat
6. With what mark did Pierre Camara win the world title of triple jump in 1993 ?
16m98 17m20 17m37 17m59
7. Where did the 1991 Championships take place ?
Indianapolis Budapest Sevilla Toronto
8. Which athlete beat in 1997 the indoor world record in heat, and then again in final ?
Maurice Greene (60 m) Gail Devers (60 m haies) Merlene Ottey (200 m) Wilson Kipketer (800 m)
9. Who owns the Championships Record of men triple jump ?
Charles Friedek Brian Wellman Jonathan Edwards Yoel Garcia
10. How many medals did Javier Sotomayor win overall in his career ?
3 4 5 6
SOLUTIONS --------------- HOME